It was in the 1920s when the two brothers Adold and Rudolf Dassler manufactured sportshoes in the laundry of their mother. But after an argument between the two they separated. Adolf, who was also called Adi, founded adidas in 1949. The three stripes - until today the worldwide trade mark - were immediately copyrighted by him. After the german football nationalteam won the world championship in 1954 adidas became a legend. The shoes with cleats, which was a revolutionary technology, gave the team around Fritz Walter in the rainy final the decisive edge. Nowadays adidas produces equipment for all olympic sports except horse riding.
ADIDAS BASKETBALL SHOES
It’s all about balance. Comfort, support, stability and court style are requirements for adidas hoops shoes. Every stride and break away. That disruptive finish. adidas basketball shoes can elevate your game on and off the court. Learn how some of our technologies and materials are engineered in a way that is specific to the game. For the latest news in technologies in adidas hoops sneakers follow the adidas news stream.
PRIMEKNIT – Designed to amplify your natural playing ability, an ultra-lightweight primeknit upper wraps around the foot for a snug, seamless fit. Follow your instincts and play hard without distraction in basketball shoes with the adaptive, flexible support and superlight comfort of adidas primeknit technology.
FUSEDMESH - Jump or slide in basketball sneakers with a seamless fusedmesh upper that stretches with you as you cut through every defender. Built for speed, the lightweight bootie constructed upper delivers breathable support and a secure fit.
BOUNCE ™ - A responsive cushioning that provides impact protection with a bouncy feel. You’ll maintain comfort and flexibility to last through the game, with excellent court feel.
BOOST™ - The most responsive cushioning ever created, boost midsole technology is made up of thousands of capsules that help store and release energy, as you break away toward the basket. The soft compression will provides supreme comfort during recovery.
TPU WRAP - Lift off for a rebound in basketball shoes with a durable TPU wrapped midsole that keeps you upright and stable all day, every day.
FRACTAL TRACTION PATTERN - Sprint past your opponent in basketball shoes with a fractal traction pattern on the outsole for superior grip. Build confidence and execute the quickest transitions in the game with powerful traction.
ADIDAS BASKETBALL APPAREL
There’s performance basketball gear and then there’s swag. Our hoop apparel has the most advanced technologies and features built in to help you on the court. Then wear your favorite hoop styles for off-court confidence and comfort during recovery. Or make up your own style. It’s your world.
FEATURES AND TECHNOLOGIES FOR THE GAME
Whether you set the tempo of the game, or you’re set to disrupt it learn how our fabrics and cuts help you stay focused and energized.
- Basketball tanks made with sweat-wicking climalite™ fabric to keep you cool and dry when performing in traffic.
- Basketball shorts built with breathable fabrics in a layered design for extra coverage and comfort.
- Basketball tees made from super lightweight materials and stretch for ease of movement and flexibility.
- Mesh basketball jersey with a droptail hem for additional coverage and maximum breathability.
- Three quarter basketball pants with ribbed cuffs that won’t ride up as you cut through your opponent.
- Three quarter basketball tights to keep your muscles warm and ready to change direction on a dime.
- Adjustable basketball shorts built with lightweight breathable materials for the ultimate give-and-go.
HOOPS INFLUENCED SWAG
Wherever the street takes you, wear your game look in comfort.
- Basketball hoodies - beat the weather in warm French terry blend fabrics for outdoor games or court style.
- Team basketball jerseys and jackets to rep your favorite college basketball team on the hardwoods or in the street.
- Crewneck basketball tees for hoop style on and off the court.
ADIDAS BASKETBALL ACCESSORIES
Rising above requires showing up every day. Whether you’re putting in work on your jumper or battling it out in the post, you need gear as obsessed with perfection as you are. Find adidas socks constructed with moisture-wicking fabric to keep you cool for all 48 minutes and extra cushioning that comes in handy when you’re pulling down rebounds. Basketball leg sleeves offer compression to keep you warm, prevent cramps and reduce recovery time on tough back-to-backs. Lightweight, comfortable ankle braces let you hit those handles with confidence and cut past defenders. adidas basketball accessories are built with attention to detail and innovative technology to help you cook on the court.